SummerStart is here to help you feel more confident about your academic and personal potential before beginning your first semester in college. It is specifically designed for newly admitted students to help you get a head start on your transition to college life.
The majority of college students are concerned about:
- Being away from family and friends
- Meeting new people and making friends
- Adjusting to life “on my own”
- Handling college academic requirements
- Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of college life
Benefits of SummerStart
- Earn up to nine (9) credits toward your degree
- Select from a variety of courses
- Begin college-level writing requirements
- Study with math and writing consultants. There are math consultants in the residence hall four (4) days a week.
- Explore career-enhancing opportunities
- Explore options for travel and study abroad
- Meet with an advisor from your school or college to discuss and plan your course of study and expand your academic options