SummerStart is here to help you feel more self-assured regarding your academic potential. It is specifically designed for the newly admitted student.
Did you know the majority of college students are concerned about ...
- Being away from family and friends
- Meeting new people and making friends
- Adjusting to life "on my own"
- Handling college academics
- Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of college life
Click here to view the SummerStart video.
SummerStart at Syracuse University is designed for newly admitted students to ensure a smooth transition from high school to college. This six-week program provides pre-freshmen with an opportunity to become familiar with the academic, social, and cultural life at Syracuse before getting caught up in the fast pace of the fall semester. Students have the opportunity to earn up to eight (8) credits toward their Syracuse University degree. Any student who would like to expand his or her academic options is strongly encouraged to enroll.
Benefits of SummerStart
- Earn up to eight (8) credits toward your degree
- Select from a variety of courses
- Begin college-level writing requirements
- Explore career-enhancing opportunities
- Explore options for travel and study abroad
- Meet with an advisor from your school or college to plan your course of study